Monday, August 18, 2008

Lately

Well there has not been much going on lately. Just getting ready for the new little one and having some summer fun with Lia.

We have been doing a lot of swimming- as much as I love getting in a swim suit 9 months pregnant. The things we do for our kids!!
She is so funny she loves this hat and insists on wearing it backwards!!

She has said some funny things lately. Last night we were watching the Olympics and volleyball was on. I said, "Lia, isn't volleyball so much fun"? She turned to me and said, "I like basketball better"!!! Taz and I laughed so hard!!! I hope she does well with a new little sister. Those of you who have added another member to the family please let me know if you have some tips in helping a toddler adjust :)

2 comments:

Lindy said...

Katie, if she likes baby dolls, make sure you get her one. Then when you are taking care of the new baby she can do the same with her new baby. We had Nana give Hailee one when Chase was born and she loved it. That way you can help teach them to be gentle and show her all the things that babies need. If you keep her baby involved she will feel involved also.

Craig and Janalyn said...

One thing that we have done is make sure that the older sibling is "mommy's big helper." Have Lia get diapers for you, have her take the dirty diaper to the garbage. She can help you sing to the baby, help you make dinner and stuff like that. Things that only "she" can do because "the baby is too little to be a big helper." It makes them feel important. Anyway, hope that helps. I will think of more things.
Lia is so dang cute! I laughed at her basketball comment!